Our business is growing and so are our customers’ needs. Most of you order via our social media platforms and your continued patronage is why we are looking to hire an Assistant social media manager to support the Social media manager in maintaining our customer support on social media and keeping our community of candy lovers engaged!
If this opportunity to join the sweetest team ever sounds perfect for you, why not send in your application. Simply send your application letter, CV and any other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject “Application for Assistant Social Media Manager Role”.
Read the job description below for further details:
Main Purpose of the job:
As the Assistant Social Media Manager you will support our Social Media Manager in developing our social media strategy to drive consumer engagement, acquisition and conversion across all our social platforms. You will champion the imagery, words and content that help us tell our brand story and mission. This role reports to the Social Media Manager (SMM).
- Develop and manage a social media strategy that includes the strategic role of each channel as well as strategies for earned media opportunities. Our social media and communication platforms are:
- Google business
- Website (blog)
- Design and manage the development and publication of our monthly newsletter
- Manage the social media content calendar including content planning and development, publishing, promotion and execution of giveaways
- Monitor pop culture and news and pitch ‘just in time’ posting opportunities that are ‘on-brand’ for Andies Candies
- Support the SMM to develop and hone the social media style guide which includes our brand tone, voice and personality
- Approve (and/or develop) copy for social media content consistent with the business’ style/brand image/guide
- Monitor social listening tools and identify opportunities to optimize social media strategy and/or marketing plans
- Handle order fulfillment process for orders received via social media
- Work with Andies Candies team to help address and solve customer complaints, questions, and other inquiries in a timely manner
- Proactively manage social community to drive engagement and positive consumer sentiment
- Collaborate with the peers on development of integrated Marketing campaigns in support of annual marketing plan
- Analyze and track key performance metrics on a monthly and/or per-campaign basis and share results and key takeaways with Marketing team
- Other duties as assigned but related to social media, marketing and management role.
- Be Entrepreneurial: Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and lean organization
- Be Passionate: Authentic passion for food and confectionery and share our passion for making them more accessible to all
- Be Analytical: Comfortable using hard and soft data to mine for opportunities, measure results and inform decision making
- Have A Growth Mindset: Incessantly curious, motivated to keep learning and growing versus settled in what you already know, especially as it relates to social media best practices and emerging techniques
- Be a Team Player: Believe collaboration and teamwork leads to stronger results and are the best ways to get things done
- Be Results-Oriented: Track record of executing plans that deliver or exceed objectives/KPIs
- Be Creative: Bring a creative, optimistic approach to new challenges